MetroHealth Announces Advisory Panel to Work with Board of Trustees in Selecting Next CEO
The MetroHealth System is proud to announce the formation of an advisory panel that will provide feedback and guidance to The MetroHealth Board of Trustees in selecting the successor to President and CEO Akram Boutros, MD, FACHE.
“This is an outstanding panel that understands the unique role MetroHealth plays in the community,” said Vanessa Whiting, Chair of MetroHealth’s Board of Trustees. “The panel’s members have diverse backgrounds and a wealth of experience that will be helpful as we begin the serious work of identifying MetroHealth’s next leader.”
The advisory panel will consist of MetroHealth employees, supporters, public officials and members of the community. They are:
· Yvonne Conwell, Cuyahoga County Council
· Stan Gerson, MD, Dean, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
· Bob Glick, MetroHealth supporter
· Gail Long, community member
· Paul Patton, Director of Human Resources, City of Cleveland
· Jasmin Santana, Cleveland City Council
· Gareth Vaughan, President, MetroHealth Foundation Board of Directors
· Chris Brandt, MD, Chair, MetroHealth Department of Surgery
· Julia Bruner, MD, MetroHealth Senior Vice President for Behavioral Health
· John Chae, MD, Chair, MetroHealth Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation; Vice President for Research
· Melissa Kline, DNP, MetroHealth System Nurse Executive
· Nicholas Sukalac, MetroHealth Chief Operating Officer for Ambulatory Care
· Brook Watts, MD, MetroHealth Chief Quality and Safety Officer, Chief Medical Officer for Community and Public Health
This panel will collaborate with the Search Committee, a committee made up of members of MetroHealth’s Board of Trustees. The Board of Trustees has statutory responsibility for hiring the next CEO and President. The members of the Board of Trustees that will be serving on the Search Committee are:
· E. Harry Walker, MD (Dr. Walker will serve as Search Committee Chair)
· Inajo Davis Chappell, JD, MetroHealth Board of Trustees
· JB Silvers, PhD, MetroHealth Board of Trustees
· Vanessa Whiting, JD, (MetroHealth Board Chair)
Dr. Boutros began as President and CEO in 2013. He announced late last year his plans to retire at the end of 2022.
Founded in 1837, MetroHealth is leading the way to a healthier you and a healthier community through service, teaching, discovery, and teamwork. Cuyahoga County’s public, safety-net hospital system, MetroHealth meets people where they are, providing care through four hospitals, four emergency departments, and more than 20 health centers and 40 additional sites. Each day, our 8,000 employees focus on providing our community with equitable health care–through patient-focused research, access to care, and support services–that seeks to eradicate health disparities rooted in systematic barriers. For more information, visit metrohealth.org.